Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off ill quickly say yes im aware of the search button and have looked but im in a bit of a hurry and it's a bit complicated what im looking for i think:s..

bought GU 4.6 ratio front and rear diff centre's for the mav which have the 3.9 gear's that are standard as far as i know of! pulled the rear out today and swapped the centre over, all bolt up fine but the axle's wont slide in! so i pulled the centre back out and sat on some timber and retried to slide the axle in whilst out of the housing and still a fail, as far as i can tell with the vernier's it seem's to look like the axle is a couple of mm larger:s i have another patrol diff with the 4.1 gears and the axle slide's in fine so im thinking different splined axle's are needed? the only thing i don't understand is why the centre still bolt's into the housing fine? neither does the rear axle slide into the front centre either(which i was expecting)..

any help or tips greatly appreciated;) cheer's Ben.

·
Registered
nissan patrol ute gq
235 Posts
if you were real keen you could just swap the crown wheel and pinion over to your old center??

but that sounds like to much effort to me haha glood luck mate

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
haha well in that case is there any1 in melbourne who know's what there doing that want's to earn them selves a slab of there choice? haha

i just want the rear done for now the front can wait a few week's,serious offer though cause i dont know what im doing with all that clearance crap and i kinda need it done now it's out:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts