Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
My 2000 3.0L has the HH43.

Now I need a replacement panhard rod. A mate gave me his from his 2.8 GU but it didn't fit.

My panhard has 2 factory bends in it to suit the rear diff. Is there a special name for this? if not are the bushes being used in all rear panhards suited for all other GU rear panhards?

·
Registered
nissan
48 Posts
Any one have 3.9 front diff centre for sale?

I'm chasing a 3.9 FRONT diff centre for my 4.2 gu III wagon. Any one got one lying around that they want to sell???

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
Very interesting Thanks GU4500

·
Registered
nissan
461 Posts
A lot of great info there. But not much on spline count, axle diameter, full or semi floating axles.
There is three different h260 versions as far as i can tell.
34 spline, 34.8 diameter and full float. Arb part rd214
37 sline 38.4 diameter arb part rd215
Above are 1998 on, the mq version is the same as the last but part numbers have a slight veriation. Screenshot_2013-12-26-10-42-54.jpg
Pic is crap sorry.

·
Registered
nissan
461 Posts
Im trying to figure out which one my gu 4.5 wagon has in it, as im hoping an mq centre will bolt in for he ratio i want.

·
Registered
nissan
2,451 Posts
Just for reference, these are mine for comparison.

2005 ST-L TB 48 (DE) Auto Wagon

RE5R05A - 5 spd Auto

HG35 - H233B rear diff with 3.5:1 ratio

And I thought I had the big diff already!

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
8 Posts
hi i was wondering if u guys could help me ,ive got at 98 tb4.5 , im wanting to replace the rear diff centre its a 4.11, i have one out of my gq which is also a 4.11 that has been fully rebuilt cost me a **** load, will it fit into the tb4.5 rear diff housing or do i need to buy a diff gu housing , thanks

·
Registered
nissan
461 Posts
Depends if your gq was a coil cab or not? The gu should be a HH41 on the axle code, meaning H260 larger centre. I found even with a GQ H260 centre the bolt holes that bolt the centre into the housing are smaller. Not sure if they change from year to year though.

Edit. I think you'll find the uni joints and flanges differ in size.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Pickup
363 Posts
My 2007 GU 42 N/A runs the big H260 on 4.1 ratio... running 285's. If i was to want to run 35's,.. would it be a similar drive if i installed 4.3 or 4.6 ratios front and back,... and if so, are these ratios available for the H260 ? and are they straight bolt in?

Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
nissan
461 Posts
4.3 are available as the GU 4.8 had them. You can buy 4.6 for the H260 from superior at around $800 from memory.
I have 4.6 ratio in mine with 35's and speedo is now right.
If your handy on the tools you can buy a H260 GQ centre and pull the hemisphere out of it and fit it in the GU centre like i did. The crown wheel has smaller bolts in it so you can't swap just the gears over. You would have to swap the flanges as well.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Patrol TB48 Pickup
245 Posts
Dragging this from the depths of the Patrol4x4 abyss.

2015 Coil F/R
4.8L pickup Manual
HH41

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
303 Posts
TrayCamper, your coil cab has the H233 diff with semi floating axles. The H260 has fully floating axles with leaf springs, it has a load capacity of 2650kgs compared to 1800kgs on your H233 diff. The H260 limit is reduced to 2270kgs when 265/75R 16LT tyres are used as normally it uses split rims. The GVM with coils is 3150kgs and 3400 with leaves. Hope this helps!
Is there any official document showing the load ratings of the H260 diff?
I've been looking for a fair while and haven't been able to find anything.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Is there any official document showing the load ratings of the H260 diff?
I've been looking for a fair while and haven't been able to find anything.
Not sure if there is something available from Nissan. As vehicle models come into Australia each model and series is given a compliance reference to describe the main details, this Road Vehicle Descriptor is then the compliance reference used by Police and Department of Transport inspectors.
You might find load capacities in these, this is the link to ll Y61 wagon models. There should also be a list of ute models that might have more H260 diff options and load capacities listed in notes attached to each.

·
Registered
8 Posts
After some advice fellas, got an 02 GU ST 6.5TD Manual Wagon (ex ZD30) lifted on 35s running stock diff ratios. Because of the reduction in rpm range and because i don't use it for towing as most use these rigs for I'm not happy with how high shes revving when cruising at 110. Peak torque range for the stock turbo 6.5s is approx 1700 rpm so I want to get to a 110kmh RPM thats as low or near to that as reasonable/possible.
Anyone help me out with what my options are and pros/cons? (Other than swapping the box out for a damn roadranger)
Any info or help would be much appreciated, cheers in advance.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
1,932 Posts
You will need a 3.5 ratio diff. My current Cummins engine car uses 3.54 diff combined 33 inches tyre with RE4 auto's final 0.694 gear ratio. Cruise at 100k/h, the rpm is around 1650....the best fuel economy was 9.3l/h

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

21 - 39 of 39 Posts