Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.
i want to put bump stop extensions in the rear of my GU.
not sure wat the best way to do it is.
i cant find any to buy.
the easiest way it seems to me is to weld 45mm block onto the bottom plate...
good idea or bad???

cheers

·
Registered
745 Posts
I had box sections welded to the diff like you mention on my GQ, from memory i had to trim a bit off so the shock didnt hit it at full stretch. That is probably the easiest way.
On my GU i fitted this that i had made up.

For the front i'm going to fit some nylon body lift blocks to go with the standard bumpstops.
Pete

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,133 Posts
Good job, When I did mine I put a piece of RHS on the diff where the bump stop hits.

cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
yeah i just put a bit of box section on the bottom and yeah works quite well. the area only needs to be about 50mm or so square but it wouldnt hurt it to have a small recess in the middle to stop bump stop distortion when on it hard. especially with the bigger lifts where you get more diff cross angle as the bumpstop doesnt sit flat on it anymore.

·
Registered
279 Posts
For the GU/GQ rear bump stop, go to wrecker and get some pathfinder (R50 from memory) rear bump stop. It almost bolt straight in (with hole elongated a bit). Simplest way to do it, nice and progressive too.

For the front get landcruiser (80/100 series) REAR bump stop and bolt straight in. It the best beside pneumatic one. I made a mistake and got the front one instead, need to trim the metal part, but still work. Pedders make a red one too if you are after some blink.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice, those PF ones look nuts, might have to flog the ones of the rents PF when they not home lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts