Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

Anyone know if there is a plug between the factory fog light switch and the fog light relay.

I have continuity from the high beam wire to the switch but nothing from the switch to the relay.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
3,345 Posts
Hi KIGGSY and welcome to the forum.

My driving or spot lights come on with high beam, but the fog lights can be switched on at any time as long as the park lights are on also. Are you referring to the factory spot lights?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yeah, Chaz is right...

Foggies must be independant (by Law) from the main beams and that is how it will be in a 'factory' setup for sure.

It is Driving Lights that are signalled from the Hi Beam so if the switch you have been checking has power from the Hi Beam then it is for Driving Lights and shouldn't be connected to the Fog Light Relay hence the open circuit

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally worked it out

The fog light relay in the relay box isn't the factory relay used. Its the relay mounted just next to the relay box. WHO KNEW???

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The fog light relay in the relay box isn't the factory relay used. Its the relay mounted just next to the relay box. WHO KNEW???
Not me... don't have factory Fogs (mine are after market HID's in lieu) but sounds a bit odd.

Ah well doesn't matter... Kudo's on getting it sorted :cool:

·
"Toxic Personality"
8,962 Posts
iv got a problem with my guiv, iv got what appear to be stock foglight plugs on the front and i want to wire them into my arb driving lights, so they can run as daytime running lights since im converting my headlights to HID.

PROBLEM. . . . they have no power to them. . . . . why not????

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
7,263 Posts
Lots of cars have extra wiring there, but a re missing parts like relays or fuses to make the set up work. So have you checked that the relays are in place or the fuses are there for it .

·
Registered
694 Posts
iv got a problem with my guiv, iv got what appear to be stock foglight plugs on the front and i want to wire them into my arb driving lights, so they can run as daytime running lights since im converting my headlights to HID.

PROBLEM. . . . they have no power to them. . . . . why not????

Im only guessing but id think you would have to add a fog light switch somewhere to make a connection, and maybee a relay.

·
"Toxic Personality"
8,962 Posts
Im only guessing but id think you would have to add a fog light switch somewhere to make a connection, and maybee a relay.
iv got power to the foglight fuse under the bonnet, and the foglight loom is part of the factory loom, and since mine is an stl i think it originally had foglights in the front bumper. so i thought i should simply connect the lights and it would work with my parkers. they should be on the same circuit, they dont have a separate switch. . . . my spotlight loom does, but the driving lights should be on the same circuit as parkers.

Ill get pics tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts