Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Bent a few of the nuts that hold the bash plate onto the front of the factory steel bullbar.

Been trying to replace them all day with no luck, they look like standard cage nuts as used in electrical comms racks however are actually larger.

I've tried Nissan and Wreckers, neither of which had any (although i suspect the wreckers just couldn't be bothered for 4 nuts), also eletrical wholesales (due to the link with comms gear) and still cant find any.

Anyone have any idea where to find these, photos of location and the nut below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Whereabouts are you? If you aren't out in the bush I'd take the nut into a fastener place - engineering supplies - auto parts - and see if they have a square nut that'll fit into that cage.

If you are stuck in the bush, weld a solid piece of wire (or get it welded) to a nut with the same thread etc and use that instead.

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nissan can't find them on FAST, both dealers think they are part of the bullbar itself so don't have a part number.

Not out in the bush, will have to go hunting tomorrow at lunch and see what I can dig up.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts
You can get those nuts at any trade toolbox manufacturers! You know the type with the full gull wing doors that bolt onto the back of Utes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts