Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a problem, I'm stuck at home on Easter long week end with fuel issues. Did a service the other day air,oil, fuel filters all was good, packed the car for a club trip to Googs track, moved the car around to the drive at 11:00pm for an early start. Next morning car would not start. Checked all the obvious things like air in the system etc. Called the RAA they worked on it for about 3 hours checking stuff like voltage to the pump, fuel to the injectors, relays, all seeemed to be good. Except there did not seem to be a lot of pressure getting to the injectors. Their prognosis was the fuel cut of valve was faulty? Having said that while cranking trying to start it I noticed that tha ABS light was staying on as well as the Sub tank light, so I starting to wonder if it isn't an electrical issue instead of a mechanical one. The only thing I have done to the car is fit a 12v water pump which bridged off an existing power supply, and the vehicle started fine afterwards. I would appreciate any feed back.

cheers Wano

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
Unplug the water pump and see if that helps, check all fuses, what power supply did you piggy back off? and where did you earth the pump?

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have Checked all fuses all OK, the water pump piggy backs off the power supply to my LED lights, but all are fed from the Aux battery and earted thru my draws and in turn thru the body.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
370 Posts
Try your spare key a mates patrol did the same thing.
Turned out his missus key was damaged so NATS, I think it stands for Nissan Anti Theft System (sounds good anyhow) did it's job. She tried his key and away it went.

·
Registered
38 Posts
have you checked for any fault codes I had a similiar problem not long ago the troll went fine one day wouldnt start the next ended up being the fuel pump Spent 2 months searching for electrical problems but hope this isnt your problem

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input, I really hope it isn't the fuel pump, just logged onto ebay and a change over is $2900. But I am looking for an Auto Elec with a scan tool to see if we can check for fault codes, in Adelaide anybody know one?

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
Check the fault codes as Bmm mentioned, you can do it the old fashion way per post two of this thread.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a guy coming around midday with a scan tool to check error codes for me. But got a bad feeling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts