Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if a rhino roof rack from a GQ will fit the gutters of a GU and if not what is the difference
Thanks in advance
Oscar

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,711 Posts
think the GQ is wider . tried a GU rack on mine and would not fit . if they are adjustable maybe would.. HEAVY DUTY GUTTER MOUNT

HEAVY DUTY GUTTER MOUNT
click to enlarge
Designed for vehicles with rain gutters.

End support height is specific to your vehicle to ensure complete load clearance from the highest point on your roof.

Available in Black and Silver

Features a double aluminium strip in the centre to add additional strength throughout the bar.

Feature an undercover strip to help reduce wind noise.

Uniquely rounded edges help provide more aerodynamic efficiency and reduce drag on the bars when driving.

Part Number: CGM11-2
Number of Crossbars: 2
Maximum Load: 90 kg
Price: $330.80 http://www.rola.com.au/roof-racks.aspx

Reactions: Oscar and Leone

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
Not entirely sure which type of rhino rack you're referring to mate but if it's the ally tray that bolts to a set of rhino cross bars (either commercial or aero) then yep it will fit. I have one (2 metres) with 3 commercial bars on my GQ, and I lent it to a mate with a GU for a month for a big trip he went on.

The GQ gutters are parallel and a bit wider, the GU is narrower all up and also narrower at the rear than it is at the front, so we had to adjust the feet. Also we had to change the little brackets that clamp UNDER the gutter, not the actual feet themselves. The underside of the gutter on the GQ is close to parallel to the ground, but the GU is angled down toward the middle of the car. These brackets were only a few dollars from a rhino retailer.

Even if you have a different one, as I-1 said as long as the feet are width adjustable I'm sure you could fit it in exactly the same way.

·
Registered
nissan
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Leethal and Idiot 1 that was the exact info I was after
Cheers Oscar

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I've got an alloy TJM rack on my GQ that I was going to put on my GU. It's not adjustable. From my reading of the posts above it's not going to fit, is that right?

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
Sorry mate no it won't, the GQ's gutters are parallel and the GU's gutters are narrower at the rear than the front, and the whole thing is narrower than the GQ anyway.

·
Registered
nissan
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I priced a set of 4 feet that go under the rain gutter to adapt the GQ bars to suit GU through autobahn as I have a cab not wagon and the feet and postage we're going to be $100 so I didn't I will just get 2 new rhino Bars complete about $320 /$370 depending where you shop

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,049 Posts
MQ/GQ - compatible.
GQ/GU - not compatible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts