Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
There is a thread about this on here somewhere. From memory (could be wrong) I think someone from here might have even been making them or something very similar.

I remember there was some discussion re the thickness and design of the lid and the potential for distortion and hence a risk of leakage.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
There was a thread regarding hi flow billet lids that fit the oem filter box. Fair bit of end was done on them even to the extent of having the flow measured. Few people spoke about making new boxes but Came to the conclusion that it would quite hard with the plumbing as the maf still needs to be inline.

Cheers

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i see what you mean about the material etc and the hi flow lids jimmybill999 is making was what i originally wanted .

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
They look nice and everything, and I reckon the concept of getting more air in a good thing of course - but does the factory airbox really need an upgrade? can you modify your vehicle enough that factory airbox restriction becomes a limiting factor?

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Not sure about the 3.0 but the 4.2 definitely notices a higher flow air lid, better response down low and slightly lower egts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts