Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to re-wire the antenna switch so that it can be placed in a full-up/full-down position rather than the full-up/half-down position.

I understand the earlier models had full-up/full-down function - I'd like to revert mine to this option if it's possible.

Dave.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts
Im sure its possible, but without looking at the wiring diagram and actualy playing around with some of the wiring and switch i couldnt say exactly how to do it.

But definately do-able

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
There was a thread on here within the last 3 or 4 months on that. I think the dude was an Accessories Installer or something. Knew his stuff about installing Head Units etc anyway.

Try a search I'm sure you'll get a hit.

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
It's possible. I put an extra switch on mine so can do full up/ half/ full down. Left the normal switch as is and added a on off switch to the blue wire on the head unit (it's an aftermarket unit though).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Aerial control

It's possible. I put an extra switch on mine so can do full up/ half/ full down. Left the normal switch as is and added a on off switch to the blue wire on the head unit (it's an aftermarket unit though).
I took a simpler option and put a switch (in the cab) in the earth line from the OEM aerial drive unit. I can stop the aerial motor working at any spot. So I leave it fully up in the country and at half mast in the city. And, of course, no retracting when the ignition is turned off. The half/full selector still works when the switch is closed.

·
Registered
NISSAN GU PATROL
694 Posts

Thats what i want to do, im just trying to find a three position switch to replace the original with.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
That's what I did with mine when I installed my replacement head unit. Just cut one of the wires and routed it to a switch that I installed in the bottom of dash at the transmision console.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
124 Posts
Aldo look on ebay etx under arb switches etc and youl fins a dpdt illuminated switch on there somehwere otherwise go to ur nearest auto electrician or autobarn etc and they should hav something there for u, i got my switch through WES components they are about $16 each, google wes components i think they sell to public

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts