Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just need to know if anybody can tell me if a GU (2004) LRA tank will fit into my GQ (1991)? Both are LWB diesels

I have searched and searched both google and Patrol4x4 for the last couple of days and am finding mixed responses. I have contacted LRA and they said that they are not compatible, but then have heard from other people saying they are.... Maybe the guys at LRA just want me to buy another one?

Hopefully someone can talk from experience and help me out!

Cheers Mark

·
Registered
nissan patrol
237 Posts
I've fitted a gu main long range tank to a Gq with no worries and I've fitted a Gq main 145lt tank into a gu ute in the standard location. I'd be interested what LRA thinks is not going to work.

That is assuming that you're looking at replacing the rear main tank.

·
Registered
Nissan
532 Posts
Rear tanks are compatible, did you make it clear it was a rear? The long range subs will not fit without cutting and welding!

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys guys,

Ive decided just to get a new one. Cant be bothered with any headaches with trying to install because we head off to the simpson in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
I was gonna ask if you wanted to part with your GU LRA tank that is all, but in perth.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
I have fitted a gq tank in my wagon and I had too space it down off the floor

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
Easy fix buy the sounds of it, does every thing else match up ??? My brother wants to out a long ranger in his gu 4 and has got a long range in his GQ which is getting comp trucked, seems a waste not to use it.

Sent using carrier pigeon from Bill Lawrie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts