Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I often read on forums how effective the Patrol lsd's are but i belive the later GU's have a different (more conventional) design to the earlier GU's and previous Patrols

I wonder if the later version is as effective as the earlier design ?

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
I often read on forums how effective the Patrol lsd's are but i belive the later GU's have a different (more conventional) design to the earlier GU's and previous Patrols

I wonder if the later version is as effective as the earlier design ?

Regards Don
From what year model are you talking? Mine definitely won't spin only one wheel on dry bitumen, it swings out sideways real nice when u stand on it. I spose 4wding is different but bitumen has plenty of resistance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would be stuck in the water still on that track that goes from Cape Leveque and Derby if it not for the effectiveness of the LSD and a bit of left foot braking!

Leroy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
41 Posts
Mine did occasionally spin one wheel with 35's. Mine is a 2002 gu ute. I solved that problem with a $5 shim in the clutch pack. 4 and half years later still works like magic. Never singles up the bush with one wheel on the ground but still lets go around bitumen round abouts. A very cheap option to a diff lock.:p

·
Registered
Nissan GU
17 Posts
Hey slatey,
Do you have anymore info on that shim you installed e.g Make, Where to purchase etc.
Cheers.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It looks like the break point might be 03/2003 (for the H233 diff anyway) but it could be back as far as 09/2001 depending on the spec of the vehicle

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan patrol
41 Posts
Hey slatey,
Do you have anymore info on that shim you installed e.g Make, Where to purchase etc.
Cheers.
I sourced the shim from patrolapart in lilydale, vic.
There number is 0397359099. They should be able to freight it to perth pretty cheap as it weighs next to nothing. They send 3.9 diff gears over that way regularly to brunwick diesel for there chev conversions. Give them a call. The price may of changed in 4 years but it shouldnt be much.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These illustrations shows the early type (with the good reputation) and the later conventional type (03/2003 onwards but possibly earlier)

Regards Don

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts