Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday All,
My diffs are pretty shagged, got stuck the other day and noticed the LSD is not quite doing its job even when both rear wheels are only slightly on the ground. I know my front diff needs attention so if doing that I may as well do the rear as well.

Would the cost of getting the LSD rebuilt be close to the cost of a locker? I can do the work myself for the locker fitment, but I wouldn't really know what Im doing with the LSD so I may get someone else to sort it out.

·
Registered
750 Posts
well usually to have a lsd shimed up you pay around $160ish to have it shimed & cleaned, but they usually last 3months or so, as for lockers its a big lay out maybe lock the front first

·
Registered
139 Posts
parts only can be up to $4-500 plus labor on top of that. if you have on board air already i would spend the extra $$ and install a locker.

slightly of topic but i'm looking for a center so pm if you have one and willing to sell.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
lock the front and shim the rear LSD Ive never had any trouble with my LSD even with one back wheel off the ground

·
Registered
750 Posts
i should of mentioned thats just dropping off the diff centre.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,243 Posts
An LSD will never perform as good as the locker, put up with it and save for a Locker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts