Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 3 year hiatus in Sydney after I blew a head, I was so excited today after having my truck towed home repaired and registered. Back on the road after 3 years and a few thousand dollars with my new wife in tow. It was her first drive in Tonka and she was excited as i was.

Happy days

Drove about 1km down the road and pulled into a servo to give it a fresh fill of man fuel, diesel.

Hopped back in and ... well you guessed it. Wouldn't start.. Called RACQ and they were out pronto. Bout 20 minutes. After checking it out he shrugs.. cant do nothing for ya mate. Want it towed?

My heart dropped. Yeah mate get it towed. So i sit in my pride and joy, 1km old waiting for the bloody tow truck. 2 hours and several phone calls to racq later still no tow truck. I rang racq and told them to cancel the tow as i was already fuming at having to wait 2 hours. I locked my baby up and walked home defeated.

Engine kicks but wont start. Either blocked or rooted fuel pump im guessing.

Ive read on here in previous posts about a mechanic in nerang who is is supposedly ace, I just cant remember where i read it. If anybody knows the name or the number i would be grateful.

Hopefully my weekend will be better. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
Wow, that is heartbreaking to me even.

Good luck getting it back on the road.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
hey mate check the wire to the fuel cut solinoid on the side of the fuel pump

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How pathetic, after RACQ told me he couldnt do anything for me, i woke up today and rang my regular mechanic (who doesnt even do diesels) he told me to return to the truck and undo the wingnut under the filter and bleed the line. Did that and wooshka she fired up on the spot!

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
If its been sitting for three years without draining/scrubbing the tanks I could just about bet money on having alot of water or growth in the tanks.

Does your fuel filter have any crud in it?

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
havent pulled it out yet, im planning on taking it to a mechanic to have it fully checked out.

Also realised tonight im getting a wheel wobble at 80kmph.

I think the list of fixes will be long, but well worth it when shes right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts