Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, my petrol SWB GQ's engine's getting a bit tired and my gearbox is not far behind, what i was thinking was to replace both with a GU petrol motor and box. just a few Q's
has anyone done this before?
would the engine mount even come close to fitting?
are the GU and GQ box's the same lenght?
any problems besides the whole injection side of things?
i know there are tonnes of V8 conversion kits out there but i thought this may be easier and cheaper.
also anyone know where i can get a reasonable engine and box for a reasonable price?
cheers andrew.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
mate the tb45 is just a bored out tb42e so yeah it should all fit up nicely.you will have to run a a rear injection pump ect but thats all pritty eas to do.just make sure that you get the wiring done properly as theres nothing worse then a elec problem out in the middle of no where

·
Registered
136 Posts
The gu box is longer so youll have to cut abit out of ur floor

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so maybe GU motor GQ gearbox because things are tight enough as it is. will a GQ carby intake fit on a GU engine? as i'd rather run a carb that i can fix in the bush.

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
the tb45 will bolt straight in. and use a gq box.
and to be honest keep it injected. it sounds tricky but as long as the tb45 doesnt rely on 100 other ecus to work then just make an efi harness off the ecu and run it as a stand alone unit. as long as the wiring is done correctly it will never be a problem. and will run heaps better than a carby. especially in the bush.

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok you all twisted my arm, injected it is. Any wiring diagrams floating around as im pretty handy in that department. Also anyone know a good (not too expensive) GU wrecker in melbourne or someone with a GU they're wrecking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts