Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,have 2002 (May) GU 3ltr. Instrument Cluster lights not working rotated rheostat made no difference then checked parkers and found they were not working front and rear.
Replaced blown fuse & when turned on parkers blew new fuse.
Head lights, driving lights, stop lights, and turning lights are all ok.
Checked rheostat with meter and I think it is ok.
Regards to all.
Ray

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago after changing to a new radio, had to earth the radio strait out and not just to the factory earth wire!

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,244 Posts
Could also be a problem with your trailer plug (if one is fitted).

Check the plug and wire harness for damage and loose wires.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago after changing to a new radio, had to earth the radio strait out and not just to the factory earth wire!
thats because the factory earth wire for the radio is not an earth wire at all but is the dash light wire for illuminating the radio, it just reads as an earth when the lights are turned off

·
Registered
31 Posts
Holy Geez I cant belive I'm not the only one that found that little problem with the CD player.

The wire is actually a signal to tell the radio to dim when the Parker's/Interior accessory lights come on, probably the most confusing 2hrs of troubleshooting I've ever had to do on my Patrol.

Mud in the Trailer plug is a good one, also if you have lights on your Bull Bar they may have also caught some gunk/shorted.

Cheers, good luck

·
Registered
nissan patrol
233 Posts
i had a similar issue.

turned out that one of the park/brake globes had blown the element and it had fused onto the other. changed the light bulb and all was good again

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,many thanks to all,you have given myself and others a good start. Radio/cd player original and has not been touched. Will spray rear lights and trailer plug as was in dusty area last week.To GUdavo had similar problem.The head and driving lights are working ok. When problem is fixed will get back to forum to help others as you have done.
Regards to all,
Ray

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI,once again many thanks to all problem fixed. Sprayed (drowned) all sockets,plugs,etc with WD40. Removed and cleaned all earth fittings as suggested.Have fitted sockets & globes to all rear lens where I found very blown stop/tail globe. Have not had this problem before despite doing Cape York etc. Had car since new 2002. It's a good thing that modern day cars electrics are very sensitive as being an X Firey have seen many cars,trucks,caravans,etc go to heaven in the form of a black ball of smoke.
Regards to all,
Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts