Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just after some advice on new wheels, i got a 2000 gu patrol ute with 3 inch lift in front and 2 in back, i recently put some 33x12.5 tyres on a 16x8 rim, the front tyres now scrubs the radius arm when near full lock, and the back rub on the chasis when only just flexing, what size offset wheels would get me out of trouble here, would around -25 be enough or should i go around -40, any advice from anyone would be appreciated
Thanks Clint

·
Registered
nissan
383 Posts
-13 should bring them flush with the guards. -44 will stick out and may need some of that cheap and nasty black garden edging to flare the guards or some nicer looking alternative.

Should think that -25 would reduce your rubbing significantly, but so would -13 and it wont run you foul of a coppa on a bad day...

·
Registered
Nissan
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply dune but tyres are alreadu flush with guards if not just outside already, so they might be offset 13 already any way to check what they are, they have been reapinted so couldnt see any markings, -40 might have to be the way then

·
Registered
Nissan
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any way to measure what offset they are already? what the standard measurement for 0 offset wheels?

·
Registered
Nissan
532 Posts
my tyres did this so i just adjusted the bolt and nut on the hub to stop it turning so far, makes the turning circle bigger but not not much and no rubbing on the front anymore the rear doesnt bother me.

·
Registered
Nissan/GU
1,083 Posts
I have 33x12.5 on 15x8inch rims with a -22 offset on my GU barely sticks out of the guards, you have to have a good look, but it does. Never had any issue with the constables either.

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
I just put on 33's today with -22 and like strips says, you cant even notice they stick out. I was kinda hoping they would stick out a bit more , but im happy

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,314 Posts
285/75 16 on -13 here. Perfect offset I reckon. The spare fits beautifully on the rear door too. Tyre sits about an inch off the door.

Blame tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts