Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys been having a few problems with my 00 gu ute lately. got a pretty bad leak from what looks like my rear main, and now looks like my oil seal in my front right trunnsion socket is leaking. now i've looked up about it but am wondering if its worth doing all bearings while i have them out and even doing the left side aswell. I've had the ute for just over 3 years and they havn't been done so is it worth it??
thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
Nissan
260 Posts
Are you sure the oil leak at the rear main isn't just run off from each time the oil filters are changed? There is a sponge like thing wedged up there that soaks the oil up and it doesn't seem to matter how much you degrease it, it looks like its leaking.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Check your oil filters...
I thought I'd redone my rear main I'd had changed few weeks before, and it was a leaking oil filter. Not leaking, pissing out.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i've checked my filters and they arn't leaking. it looks like it's coming from a small rectangular hole between the motor and clutch housing. only started a couple of months ago. will put up photos when i learn how

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is where the oil seems to be coming from.

any ideas then? any help on the seals in the axel with doing all the bearings

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, a bit begger

·
Registered
nissan patrol GU
307 Posts
Theres alot of s**t on that. Id get under with a can of degreaser and give it a real good clean up and have another look before assuming the rear main.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know there is a lot of **** there but i watched it slowly start leaking from the small hole, what else could it be??

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Rear main.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks truckster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts