Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Wondering if anyone has done the Gu zd30 to gq 4.2 conversion ?

Did any wiring need to be modified to get the a/c working ? Mine is connected back up but when I push the ac button and have no power @ pump & all fuses n relays are ok thank

Dane

·
Registered
All work done the hard way with blood, sweat and beers
283 Posts
The ZD30 engine ECU switches the A/C on.

You will need to bypass this.
Bit of a thread dig here (8 years, still a valid topic for discussion!) but @Yendor I happen to know you are still around... I've been looking all morning but haven't found out exactly how this is done. I assume I need to bridge something somewhere, perhaps at the loom?
Edit: Can I still run it through the ECU or does that require a tacho signal (which I don't have atm)

·
Registered
Gu TD42 series 3 wgn
58 Posts
Bit of a thread dig here (8 years, still a valid topic for discussion!) but @Yendor I happen to know you are still around... I've been looking all morning but haven't found out exactly how this is done. I assume I need to bridge something somewhere, perhaps at the loom?
Edit: Can I still run it through the ECU or does that require a tacho signal (which I don't have atm)
Once you get tacho signal it will work.

·
Registered
nissan
2,187 Posts
Needs the tacho signal to work via the ECU.

Not much point in running the A/C via the ECU as the tacho signal (engine RPM) to the ECU will be incorrect now with the TD42 fitted.

To bypass the A/C at the ECU. Cut pin 15 (Yellow wire with a Blue trace) and cut pin 21 (Light Green wire with a Black trace) and join the two wires together.

·
Registered
All work done the hard way with blood, sweat and beers
283 Posts
Needs the tacho signal to work via the ECU.

Not much point in running the A/C via the ECU as the tacho signal (engine RPM) to the ECU will be incorrect now with the TD42 fitted.

To bypass the A/C at the ECU. Cut pin 15 (Yellow wire with a Blue trace) and cut pin 21 (Light Green wire with a Black trace) and join the two wires together.
Thanks mate, that's what I needed. Saved me again. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts