Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Girls,

I have a friend with a 2001 GU Patrol, after 460,000 tortured km's the ZD30 has grenaded. Can anyone offer an idea of what it would be worth as a shell. Its completely immaculate aside from the engine now, lol.

Or would anyone have an idea of where to and how much to get another ZD30 for it as she really would prefer to hold onto it if she can.

Cheers Doug

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
theres about 500,000 threads on it.. have a look around.

your mate had a better run than most do.

·
Registered
nissan patrol Gu6
1,275 Posts
It might be worth talking to a museum for that engine! Longest lasting zd30 ever.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Theres a 2005 Gu Z30 engine complete with everything for $7k in the classifieds on here under engines page 6.
7 grand may be a reasonable $ to spend to bring everything ( turbo, injector pump, injectors etc back to 90,000kms and this would be a straight forward and low cost install. (ie a new short motor may be cheaper to buy but lots more $ at the workshop)

Cheers SOLO

·
Registered
757 Posts
I dont think that after 460,000km of service the tag of grenade is fair.
Depending how long your friend plans of keeping the thing you might want to try a second hand engine from the wrekers

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
It'd be interesting to know whether it's the usual holed pistons or something else that has worn out.

Cheers

Ray

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
patrol28 said:
You shouldn't have to spend more than $4-5 grand on a good second hand engine. I sold mine to a wholesaler for $2500 and it only had 100,000 k's. Could of got $4k for it if I took it to them running.
wrecker on frankston/dande road had a grenade for $11k "complete with everything" the bit of cardboard taped to it said... Funny, it was only there a week or 2...

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
hail to the ZD30

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Nothing more to add :D

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Bundyrumandcoke said:
11K isnt too bad for a complete Patrol.
sadly it was only an overpriced engine

·
Registered
nissan
172 Posts
I bought a ZD30 from Shreck through this forum just at the end of last year for $2K - intercooler turbo etc etc - 170000Km on it, I did the big swop over and flicked it! So you may be able to get out with out too much coin down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts