Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm off to Gibb River road soon and need some drawers for the back of my car, unfortunately I won't have time to have a crack at making them myself. Can you please provide any recommendations of off the shelf drawer units you have seen? I'm chasing something with two drawers, the lid/cover over the roof has to be sliding as I plan on running two 45L fridges and this will save having to buy two fridge slides. Something like the attached photo.

Thanks,
Conor

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Mate the best on the market are .... Now be careful here, "Outback" draws made in Cairns. Do not get confused with the ARB brand with the almost identical name!!!! Just sold my 13 year old draws for 50% of the original purchase price and installed another new set of "Outback Draws" which are a LOT better than the originals. Cheers

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
Mate the best on the market are .... Now be careful here, "Outback" draws made in Cairns. Do not get confused with the ARB brand with the almost identical name!!!! Just sold my 13 year old draws for 50% of the original purchase price and installed another new set of "Outback Draws" which are a LOT better than the originals. Cheers
Agree, mine are getting on to 15 years old now and still as tight as the proverbial, not a rattle from the draws, only from all the crap I have in them, plenty of room and little places on the sides to hide other mods (ie, wm injection pump and tank :)). Expensive, yes, but indestructible and reliable, if you are going to hang onto your unit for a long time, they are well worth the effort.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
I've never had a complaint about the ARB/Outback drawers. Otherwise if you want custom and you're in Perth go Chris at Custom Installations. He's a genius!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
76 Posts
Custom installation in wangara

·
Registered
nissan
205 Posts
I've got the ARB Outback drawers in our GU
We live in the Kimberley and do the Gibb River Road regularly
Had the drawers in there coming up 6 years and still look and work as if they are brand new and can highly recommend them for an off the shelf purchase

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
653 Posts
I bought a set of Titan draws from his mob www.4wdsupacentre.com.au at the time mine cost $1100, on special now for just under $1000 with free delivery. Easy to install and they are solid, and I mean solid also a little on the heavy side but Im happy with them. Only one side is has the built in fridge slide.

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
I bought a set of Titan draws from his mob Offroad Accessories , 4WD & Outdoor Products - Australia at the time mine cost $1100, on special now for just under $1000 with free delivery. Easy to install and they are solid, and I mean solid also a little on the heavy side but Im happy with them. Only one side is has the built in fridge slide.
Nissan Patrol GU 1,2,3 (Nov 1997 - Aug 2004) Titan Rear Drawer with Wings + VMS 700 HDX Touring GPS + FREE Adventure Kings Dirty Gear Bag , 4WD & Outdoor Products - Australia

There's a deal going on there at the moment for a set of these drawers - which look identical to the ones in the OP - with a 7" VMS GPS and a gear bag for $1295, and then there's a further 10% off them when you add them to your cart, so they end up being $1165 delivered. I've been bugging the missus all day to buy them for me, but so far no good :headwall:

**I'm not affiliated with 4wd superstore in any way, just sharing my experience **

·
Registered
892 Posts
Dept of the interior if they are still around
Made from con ply, strong and a little flexible- like the vehicle, not as deep as some others but tinner profile means fit plenty in
WAY lighter and thats going to be your main enemy
Mone have done nearly 600,000 km now, carpet a bit worn but works fine

·
Registered
nissan
284 Posts
i thought long and hard about which draws to go for, ironman, powerful4x4, 4wdsupacentre, black widow, arb, outback interiors sold by ARB

went with the outback interiors sold by ARB and very happy with them, would buy again if was putting them in another vehicle. was simple to installed, used all factory mount / holes expect for two which had to be drilled out to a larger size for the bolts to go through. installed on my own within 2 hours after a nice long nightshift!

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
As others have said, genuine 'outback' draws are the shiz! Mine are 15 years old and apart from the screw being rusty from salt,all bearings/carpet etc are still mint!

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
I have the arb outback modular draws and rate them highly. I stand in them sometimes if needed and they don't move abt all. No rattles, no creeks, just solid and only took 2 hours to install even without the instructions I was meant to be supplied and only using tools I carry in the car at the inlaws house driveway in summer

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Guys just a heads up on any wagon that has had draws installed for a long period of time with heavy weights in them. I sound proofed my wagon last year with Dynamat, part of the process was the removal of the rear draws (hence why I sold them and bought a new set). When I pulled all the carpet up and looked at the old mounting spots on the floor 3 of the 4 had cracked the floor plate and sunk into the floor by approx 5mm. I welded some 3mm x 25mm plate around/over all the cracks/mounting positions. The new draws with the new reinforced mounting positions now with bugger all weight in them due to the new containers where the rears seats are should ensure that the rear of the patrol is rock solid from now on. Sorry forgot to take a photo of the floor with the cracks, but if you zoom in on the pic on the rear right hand side you can see the welded plate around the mounting hole. Cheers ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428856757.056564.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Good day, have you ever thought about making your own ? After looking around for a long time to purchase 1, I could not find 1 to suit my needs so with help from all these guys on this forum with posting pics. etc I came up with something that I wanted not what someone thought I wanted. After every trip I would modify it slightly to improve it, again only because it suited me. Mind you what I started out with is different to what I have now. But it suits my needs maybe not yours. Pics. attached for ideas.
My 2 cents.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I bought a set of Titan draws from his mob Offroad Accessories , 4WD & Outdoor Products - Australia at the time mine cost $1100, on special now for just under $1000 with free delivery. Easy to install and they are solid, and I mean solid also a little on the heavy side but Im happy with them. Only one side is has the built in fridge slide.
Recently got them for my GU, on the 4wdSupacentre page on FB they were on sale with side wings for about $895.
Installed easy enough (had to tighten everything as they seemed to be assembled 'loose')
Fit really well, solid as a rock, dont rattle, look good. And they came with a 22" lightbar for free...

Id normally spend extra to buy quality, but these are real value for $$. Beats spending $2500 or so...

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
653 Posts
I don't have my Patrol anymore :( but yes they are great draws, the quality is very good and they are solid, would buy again that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts