Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to drop my bullbar tomorrow so i can screw some accessories in, spotlight brackets and rod holder and antenna mount.

Being a smart bar the brackets screw in from behind, not from the top, my question is do i need to take any steps so i dont deploy the airbag?

dc the battery maybe?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hey tonka,
I have same bar and haven't had to drop bar to mount accessories. Access all from behind.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you get the spotties in?

I cant see any way of gettn the 2 bolts in behind for each bracket.

Whilst on topic, i went to opposite lock to pick the brackets up. What a waste of dosh. I screwed em in only to find my ipfs sit so far back on the bullbar that they wouldnt fit in, i didnt have the height clearance. $35 per bracket for total shyte.

I went to bunnings and picked up a couple of angle bars used for building pergolas i think, they screwed straight in!

Just gotta get em powdercoated, and they were about $5 each! They were longer in length and gave me clearance for the ipfs to sit perfectly.

check it

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh and i also painted the grill black, sets of the spotties better me thinks

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Tonka

I have sent you a PM, but here is a photo of the aerial bracket and spacer i used.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU 1998 ST 2.8
22 Posts
just watch the height of your spots, i have the smart bar and really want to put some big Lightforce units on but i don't think they will fit in the profile of the smart bar!!! and remember that you wanna leave some room to get air into the Engine

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
just watch the height of your spots, i have the smart bar and really want to put some big Lightforce units on but i don't think they will fit in the profile of the smart bar!!! and remember that you wanna leave some room to get air into the Engine

Ill measure the height from Bracket to top of bar, i dont have lights yet so need to know what will fit i guess.

Tonka What size IPS did you fit, could you measure if possible. Im thinking 180mm

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gday mate, mine are IPF 900's.

Size - 200 mm wide × 225 mm high (including mount) × 127 mm deep

if you want em to fit inside the actual smart bar you proly wanna get yourself around 200mm high including mount. Like i said i couldnt fit them in, so i just bought them forward and outside the actual smart bar.

If you need any more info give me a yell, im more than happy to help

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
The airbag works off a deacceleration sensor , the bullbar mounts on airbag compatible bullbars are designed to crumple at the same rate of a stockers chassis rails so the operation of the airbag aint effected.

So no need to do anything apart from the job.

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
The airbag works off a deacceleration sensor , the bullbar mounts on airbag compatible bullbars are designed to crumple at the same rate of a stockers chassis rails so the operation of the airbag aint effected.

So no need to do anything apart from the job.

Correct, and just to add, the system will also have a safe sensor so the system won't work unless the car is going over 5kph from memory. Once its above that then it hands the operation over to the "decel" sensors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts