Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I have searched. No I wont do an engine conversion or sell it and buy something else.

These are the things I will do first....

free up air intake
3" exhaust including dump pipe
Bigger intercooler

As for boost i should fit a wastegate bleed valve correct? Is there a replacement turbo recommended? Preferably ball bearing for that awesome noise.

Is a lift pump a good idea for injector pump? How else do I dial more fuel in? Do I need an adjustable chip?

Cheers. 100rwkw and I would be rapt.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
3" exhaust, bigger intercooler, boost bleed valve (turbosmart manual is what i run), lift pump couldnt hurt and a chip. All of these will definately increase rwkws but not sure you will hit 100rwkw without spending on few more $$$.

Water meth is probably a good idea, this will definately provide more power but how much im just not sure (maybe 5-15rwkws).

My gq 2.8 turbo makes a nice whistle, not sure about gu's though as they run a different turbo.

I think i posted back to your thread on facebook (sa patrols) regarding taking one for a drive, mine isnt the greatest but might give you some idea if you wanna pop round.

Rick

Reactions: Mark

·
Registered
Nissan
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you increase boost how do you add fuel match??

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,549 Posts
if you increase boost how do you add fuel match??

On the gus you would need a chip to increase fuel, also an egt and boost guage would be another thing to add before adding more fuel (need to see what its doing first).

Rick

Reactions: Mark

·
Registered
nissan
2,863 Posts
3" exhaust including dump pipe will help,
Get yourself a chip of some form (I run the donator chip, it's primitive but gets the job done)
Make sure you have EGT gauge to keep an eye on the temps.
Manual boost controller of some form (mine was an ebay job, again primitive, but does the job)
Good clean air filter (avoid "hi-flow" if you can, you will be sacrificing filtration quality)
Ummm thats all I can think of for now. No idea what I've got at the wheels, but seat of the pants feels much better than when I bought it stock :)

Oh yeah, and my turbo has a sweet whistle :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts