Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys

I have just got a new set of Lovells heavy duty coil springs and shockers with 50mm lift, which hopefully will go on in a couple of weeks when I have time.:D Any tips would be appreciated but not the main point of this post. I have a '99 GU wagon.

My question though is this. Many of the suppliers I have spoken to have recommended getting the rear coil spring, top housing plate, reinforced as they all said it was a weak point which is likely to fail under the stress of touring while loaded up. I have had a look at a GU up on a hoist and can see what they were talking about. Is this something anyone has much experience with and are there any good fixes out there (I'm in eastern Melbourne)? I am not a welder unfortunately so probably need to get someone else to do that if needed.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
There are off the shelf kits for this mate.

Do a bit of a search, it's been covered a few times.

Cheers.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Atok do a brace, which is a very tidy piece of kit. Its not the easiest to install, as welding is involved, but it completely reinforces all sides of the spring hat and ties them back to the chassis in more places.

Aaron, from Atok, can install them or if your handy with spanners and have acess to a welder he can sell you the kit.

They seem to work a treat, I put them in before the air bag helper springs

·
Registered
nissan patrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will give ATOC a call next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts