Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a gu ute it has standard suspension height, i removed both swaybars to try and get more flex offroad. initially the roll didnt bother me but now it doesas i drive the car every day and live in the countryside, i am goin to get a 3 inch lift kit with superflex arms in the front.i want to put atleast one sway bar back on i am thinking the back one with longer pins, my reasoning is that we all know patrols rears flex well but not the front and i think that with the rear sway bar it wont limit rear flex too much but possibly force the front too flex more.i Think that this combo should produce a more even and stable flex, and still handle alright onroad, what are others peoples thoughts.

By the way not a fan of disconnects dont feel like getting under my muddy car to pin and un pin sway bars, plus i hear they can be a pain to get in or out.

·
Buy the Patrol Back
nissan patrol
1,460 Posts
This is exactly what I do as your in the Barossa we should catch up and I will let you drive mine....GU IV Wagon tho

But I have a 3" Lift with no front sway bar only the rear connect with extensions

Let me know

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you live in the barossa mate ?? im in ****atoo valley. i am interested too see what yours is like, im am planning to go with the suspension stuff flexi kit but not with the src shocks. My mate whos has helped me with my ute suggested to leave the rear on as it wouldnt loose much flex, but i didnt listen cos im young and stupid and took it off. I think the suspension is stuffed in mine too, which probably isnt helping with the handling.

·
Registered
nissan
447 Posts
mate i run a rear sway bar just took off my front and that works really well for me although its not a daily driver so yea

·
Registered
Nissan
260 Posts
I run 4" Dobinson coils, EFS Extreme shocks, Superior drop boxes, panhards, control arms etc and the rear swaybar with extended links. I reckon it handles fine, I can still maintain decent speed through corners etc. Valving on the shocks isn't the best though. It is my daily driver and my missus regularly drives it aswell and hasn't complained...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts