Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2007 3ltr GU ST. Having problems starting it and tried to search around but couldn't find anything exact (not on this hard to use phone version of the forum anyway)

I turn to ignition and after 3 seconds I lose everything. The first thing I did was rip the battery terminals and put them back. Started no worries. Next day same thing, though I would leave it a few minutes and tried again, nothing at all, not even a tick which is what I would expect from a just gone dead battery. So again I ripped off the negative and positive and waited a few seconds, reconnected and it started.

Odd occasion I can crank it quick and just make it but pretty sure with this engine they still need to be glowed (correct?)

Will try get a test on it tomorrow but I suspect this could be something else. Battery looks new, terminals are clean, looks no more than 12 months old.

Look forward to using the forums heaps now I have a patrol! Appreciate any advice

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Just bought a 2007 3ltr GU ST. Having problems starting it and tried to search around but couldn't find anything exact (not on this hard to use phone version of the forum anyway)

I turn to ignition and after 3 seconds I lose everything. The first thing I did was rip the battery terminals and put them back. Started no worries. Next day same thing, though I would leave it a few minutes and tried again, nothing at all, not even a tick which is what I would expect from a just gone dead battery. So again I ripped off the negative and positive and waited a few seconds, reconnected and it started.

Odd occasion I can crank it quick and just make it but pretty sure with this engine they still need to be glowed (correct?)

Will try get a test on it tomorrow but I suspect this could be something else. Battery looks new, terminals are clean, looks no more than 12 months old.

Look forward to using the forums heaps now I have a patrol! Appreciate any advice
Mate first of all welcome to the forum.
From what you have posted it seems like you might have a pain in the ar#e problem. Every time you disconnect the battery for a while it will in most cases reset the ecu on a 3Ltr. Easiest fix will hopefully be the battery. It doesn't matter how new they look they can be stuffed. I have a few new looking batteries in the shed which are cactus. Get that checked first. And also check the negative battery earth lead to the body of the vehicle.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts