Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Ti Gu TD42 patrol wagon
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GU ti Patrol which was a tb45 and has been converted to a td42. The subtank was was transfering ok and after installing an auxiliary battery, spotlights, rearlights, cruise control it was still working but the dash light stayed on continually. It was still working but would only pump briefly then eventually wouldn't work at all. I have checked fuse and relay which seem ok and I have been trying to find the subtank module but haven't been able to find it. The manual says it should be behind the stereo but it's not there as I think it means the diesel model. Is the petrol version module the box mounted to the floor below the climate controls? I have tried disconnecting it for a while but it hasn't fixed the problem. Is there any way to test the module, switch and transfer pump? I am considering fitting an external diesel transfer pump on the subtank if the internal petrol pump is stuffed but am not sure how the wiring is connected and whether it's possible to do this. Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2000 Ti Gu TD42 patrol wagon
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will probably have to do that as seems to be the way to go

1 - 5 of 5 Posts