Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Any ideas what could be causing the tacho to "Stick"?
i have just converted to an LS2 from a ZD30 but tach was doing this well before i started the conversion.

i assumed it was the cluster/gauge itself, but have since swapped the whole cluster and the problem is the same, varies wires have been changed/spliced throughout the conversion but i dont think its a wiring issue......... well, not from the wires ive changed anyway.

sorry, im struggling to upload the video for some reason........the tacho work and reads the right RPM, but is very jolty.... not smooth

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU3
29 Posts
I’ve never had this problem on any of my patrols but had the same issue on my old disco. Ended up being the wire to the alternator wasn’t connecting properly. Might not be the problem but worth a look.

·
Registered
GU IV 4.2
978 Posts
My 4.2 does the same thing and hasn't had a conversion. I haven't bothered to look into it for the 3 years I've owned it but will be interested to see if anyone has any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve never had this problem on any of my patrols but had the same issue on my old disco. Ended up being the wire to the alternator wasn’t connecting properly. Might not be the problem but worth a look.
Cheers, will check next week when i get home from work. I was thinking it could be voltage related.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 4.2 does the same thing and hasn't had a conversion. I haven't bothered to look into it for the 3 years I've owned it but will be interested to see if anyone has any ideas
hahah dont know how you put up with it. it drives me insane!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts