Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi is there anybody on here that has had a conversion done by Wholesale Automatic Transmissions. I have one and I'm interested to know if anybody else has had any starter motor problems with there conversion.

Cheers..

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
421 Posts
Hi is there anybody on here that has had a conversion done by Wholesale Automatic Transmissions. I have one and I'm interested to know if anybody else has had any starter motor problems with there conversion.

Cheers..
How do u find it mate ?

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Thomo89, I've only had the GU for just over 2 months and it had already had the conversion done when i brought it.
So far i've found it to be very good. With all the adjustments that you can do with the computer you can adjust it to suit yourself and driving style.
If anything i think that the amount of adjustment you can do is a bit over the top.
You can change how hard or soft it changes gears, what revs and speed its changes gears, when the torque converter lock up turns on and off and heaps,heaps and heaps more..

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
421 Posts
Hi Thomo89, I've only had the GU for just over 2 months and it had already had the conversion done when i brought it.
So far i've found it to be very good. With all the adjustments that you can do with the computer you can adjust it to suit yourself and driving style.
If anything i think that the amount of adjustment you can do is a bit over the top.
You can change how hard or soft it changes gears, what revs and speed its changes gears, when the torque converter lock up turns on and off and heaps,heaps and heaps more..
Wow sounds like the goods hey is it fairly easy to use

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow sounds like the goods hey is it fairly easy to use
Yes it is easy to use once you get your head around the computer.
It also has a manual mode, all you do is push and hold a button for a few seconds then you change up and down gears with the stick.

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so what auto box is it? still the 4 speed?
Yes it's still the same auto box but with a few changes, 1 is the stand alone computer hooked up to it also has a up graded valve body and lock up torque converter.
They also make some other changes to do with the bell housing or where it bolts onto the motor because it's got different oil filters and they use the starter out of a 4.8 petrol patrol.
The starter is where i'm having problems at the moment and i'm wondering if it's up to the task being smaller and less powerful.

·
Registered
nissan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
can you describe the problem with the starter in more detail?.
Hi Dazza09, yes it was getting lazy to the point where it would not turn it over. Took the starter out and pulled the end cap off, found 2 of the brushes where very badly burnt and had no length left in them, the other 2 are perfect and also it looks like the 1 of the brushes has tried to weld itself to the end of the armature.
And also it had a lot of black dust in there.

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
All starters look like that when you pull them apart two power the ones that are worn away two earth the ones that aren't that bad. Its burnt because only one brush would have been touching and all the juice would have gone through to the copper in that one point if your starter gets lazy that's time to order new brush kits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts