Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
$30K plus. There is a bit of work, but you can get looms ready done nowdays

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
315 Posts
From what I have found, it looks like pretty much every part you need is now being made by a couple of the top conversion kit mobs. Should be fairly straight forward if you buy the bits instead of making them from scratch.

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Costs around 30k plus depending on engine miles mods etc and id use marks adaptors for the conversion parts sump, transfer adaptor, oil cooler adaptor etc. I had a mate who use to make them but refuses to now. theres alot of work involved and alot of little things to make a good conversion great! Goodluck

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Out of interest why would you? ... Spend a fraction of your money on your 4.2 instead. Then you needn't worry which custom component is going to break next.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
If that's a genuine requirement then why not just buy a GTR. Even with "one million" (dr evil) rwhp it's not going to be faster than a GTR.

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
Drive a big power diesel then drive a gtr you will want both

·
Registered
nissan
528 Posts
I've got one. It's literally a 3mm fit..... Everywhere. Almost impossible to work on because there's no room to get your hands in anywhere. I think I will have to cut away the inner guards just to get at stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
If that's a genuine requirement then why not just buy a GTR. Even with "one million" (dr evil) rwhp it's not going to be faster than a GTR.
I'm not sure the GTR will be as fast in the bush though:rolleyes:

Maybe on the easy tracks:D

·
Registered
nissan
165 Posts
I've got one. It's literally a 3mm fit..... Everywhere. Almost impossible to work on because there's no room to get your hands in anywhere. I think I will have to cut away the inner guards just to get at stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There easy to work on once you know what your doing and what parts to take off to access others but there reliable as so its not to bad

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
6.5 or cummins is an easier fit and cheaper too.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
6.5 maybe, Cummins no (or at least, not yet)

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
How come 30K Hey Hey? Landed crate motor 6.5 is $5500 Aus at the moment. So that's 145 hours labour plus conversion kit?

Just asking.

I have a 6.5 in my GU and it cost 50K all up including gearbox, diffs, lift kit, upgraded brakes, upgraded clutch, winch, and sliders.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
Thats the quotes I got a while ago. Some of the early conversions people were paying $40K.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,708 Posts
But 6.5's are poo, I'd sooner have a TD42 and spend money on it, better result

Duramax 500RWHP, 6.5 150RWHP ;)

Could do a Duramax DIY for 25k, that's stock untuned, no auto build and will sodomise the 6.5:)

That's allowing 12-15k for motor and trans

Get an cheaper LB7 and reduce the costs even further

·
Cruisin for a bruisin
1,732 Posts
Stuff me budgies. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Slowlux
1 - 20 of 46 Posts