Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys thougth id pass on my good news.

i got my gu 4.2L ute tuned at gympie diesel on friday and with the 3 inch exhaust, billet air box and k&n filter running 33's.
i got 100 rwhp and with the valve clearance done, egr blocks and tuned and boost to around 14psi i got 131 rwhp.
so 31 % increase in power for $320, a bargin i think.
the egt's have droped a fair bit as well, and on the drive home i reckon it used less fuel.
so all in all im happy.

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that was $320 for the tuning the dyno runs, the egr block checking and changing the valve clearance.
and that got me another 31rwhp.
it took 2 of them about 2.5 hours to do it all.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Wow! That's pretty impressive. What did they alter the valve clearance from/to....and what was the reason for that?

·
Registered
nissan
91 Posts
That's bloody cheap for that work! Sweet, I gotta find someone to do that sorta work for that sorta price in Dandenong!!

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got it from the forum classifieds, from jb4x4.

i got it done cause it was out, he change it to .3 instead of the recommended .35 as it is a bit quiter.

turbotd4.2 what boost are you running, cause you should have got more power then that.

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
94 nissangq you do know that dynos read different from day to day and each dyno is different. i could have put mine on the same dyno as yours and got 150 rwhp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts