Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have a 1999 gu td4.2 and wondering what the power range of the turbo is , i have a little boost going plus 3'inch exhaust, no snorkel no intercooler. any info would be great.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Can you explain a bit more what you mean by 'power range'? E.g. How much power you can get out the factory turbo? Or what rev range the turbo makes peak power etc.?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nev i mean at what rev range when i am driving down the road am i getting the advantage out of the turbo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks Overboard. Another Q for anyone out there ,i am looking at doing a big mod on my 4.2td i have 265000ks on the engine and i pull a two tonne boat on weekends for long distances and wish to travel up the highway at 90 to 100ks an hour and want the power to stay at that speed when i hit an incline. looking at doing the air filter ,upping the boost an intercooler ,maybe the turbo if needed and the pump ,i have the 3"exhaust. Who recommends who in the newcastle area of nsw. cheers.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Newy... Haha no one round here that has any idea! (Shops that is)
All my help has come from the forum!
Most mods are pretty easy to do yourself!
Your welcome to check out my big rig and take it for a drive when I get the turbo back from being fixed.
I haven't had a chance to get the pump swapped over yet, it's currently sitting on the bench in the shed..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts