Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone got an idea on how to make up or where you would get a shroud to go over the carby air filter and run twin snorkels, i have put a 350 Chevy in my GU and are concerned on water as i like to go the deep end. I have one snorkel on my patrol and need a twin to get sufficient air as I'm running 460 HPR which means one snorkel wont be enough, can any one help with this. Thanks speedway 53:confused::confused::confused::confused:
check out my photos for my application I'm after you will see

·
Registered
nissan
11,234 Posts
What are you going to with air box? Just the one on top of the carby if so twin 3 inch snorkels would be more then enough. You will have to move the washer bottle for drivers side. Then just have 2 3" pipes welded into the side of the airbox. Pointing the way you need to plum them up. And a bit of either flexxy rubber bends and pipe or just some big ag pipe style tube to connect it all up.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
has anyone got an idea on how to make up or where you would get a shroud to go over the carby air filter and run twin snorkels, i have put a 350 Chevy in my GU and are concerned on water as i like to go the deep end. I have one snorkel on my patrol and need a twin to get sufficient air as I'm running 460 HPR which means one snorkel wont be enough, can any one help with this. Thanks speedway 53:confused::confused::confused::confused:
check out my photos for my application I'm after you will see
nice beast buddy to say the least,,, not a fan of the fox sticker tho, stands for come **** me boots = come get my bikes, im bit weary there...

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,528 Posts
hey bmate have you looked at millweld snorkels?they are 4 inch and i would imagine it would flow enough for what you want it for,but would just need to set an air cleaner assemberly for it

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,638 Posts
I tend to agree that a single 4" snorkel would be enough for your needs. I did the conversion on my 6.5 Chev and it made a great difference.

Not only did I get rid of the Safari, I also re-routed the new 4" so that it came in straight through the inner guard to the large Donaldson filter that sits above the guard (where most blokes have their 2nd battery).

The old girl breathes a lot better now.

You may need to also consider the flow capacity of your air filter.....if you are still using the Patrol's top mount type, it may be too restrictive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.