Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to this forum, names jake, live in wodonga vic, and drive a gu ute, with a few little goodies, and hopefully more to come. Im a 3rd yr about to turn 4th yr carpenter, so i tow a tool trailer every working day.

done a little searching through the site about turbo upgrades and diff ratios but thought id ask again what may suit someone else may not suit my ute and driving.

Currently my ute has 3-4" tough dog lift, 35 MTZs, PWR water air intercooler, factory turbo 16-17psi.

Ive just bought a diesel gas australia kit for it which ill hopefully be getting installed shortly, but aswell as that im planning on upgrading the factory turbo by either sending it to JPC and getting the internals done or either replacing the turbo all together, so peoples opinions on both would be great.

next is changing the ratios from 4.1 to either 4.3s or 4.6s.
so like i said i tow a trailer for work but my weekends its my normal car, im either up bush or driving it around town, what ratio is going to be my better options?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
hey man, nice rig. i like the tray! i'm no expert but i saw a comp truck running a standard bottom end with what looked to be a gt3540 turbo @ 36psi a little while back so as far as that goes i'd say your budget will be the limit there and as for diff ratios, i wouldnt jump up to the 4.6 from a 4.1 unless you plan on going to bigger rubber. thats huge and from what i've seen the 4.2 especially with mods will roll 35s no worries. maybe lower reduction gears are the answer??? also being that you should never tow a load in 5th gearing it lower will mean alot more revs at hiway speed...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts