Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently towed a small van from SA to NSW. Out near West Wyalong it was 46 degrees, and the trusty Patrol boiled over when we stopped for lunch. Is it expecting too much for the Patrol to tow a van at about 90kmph, with A/C on in these conditions and not get hot? The radiator is flushed, new pump about 20,000 km ago, and good coolant.

Members thoughts would be appreciated as I don't want to start looking for problems if this is just extreme circumstances.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,177 Posts
Mate that is exceptional circumstances, we have two sections for the ZD30, DI and CRD, the CRD shares many things with the DI and articles in the DI section are the most comprehensive due to that sharing. One thing they share is a bloody good cooling system if it is maintained correctly. I've had my DI since new in 2000, have towed many things from boats to campers to vans without issue.

You say it boiled when you stopped for lunch, not really surprising considering outside temp and temp buildup under the bonnet while parked, how was it while actually driving, did it recover when you got going? What evidence did you have of the actual 'boil', was it just the gauge?

Will move this from the general chat section which really has no value for you to the CRD tech section, but as said go through the DI section as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts