Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Doing It My Way
nissan
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a issue with the right hand side rear barn door . Mine will rattle the top locking latch and unlock it. It's had a few bumps over the years, so I've tried adjusting the striker plate so many times and bending the window frame. I'm over it! if I can't sort it out soon it'll be a trip to the panel shop or a pair of new barn doors. Any ideas crew???

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
The trouble with the barn door is where the window part starts, there really week and quite often crack. It sounds like yours is on the way, when the panel shop fix it get them to put a steel bar in the area. It needs to protrude up into the frame around the window and down into the door.
There is some posts on this I have seen over the years.

cheers DD.

Reactions: boosted6

·
Doing It My Way
nissan
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wait up, make sure that is the problem
Rr door catches are asjustable im pretty sure
Look up flashing interior light, thats another problem with similar cause
Also have a look at plastic coating on top latch, it wears out and door rattles

·
Registered
9,513 Posts
I had a new door fitted and moved the spare wheel to a wheel carrier. But that was only because some ass ran into the back and insurance paid for the door or I would'n have bothered.

·
Registered
Nissan
508 Posts
I cut a half inch piece of garden hose and glue/tape it round the striker. No rattles, no flashing interior light.

·
Registered
nissan
578 Posts
Making a new rear bar definitely is on the list of to do's! It has got worse since I hung the 35 " on there. I have the Wagon roof light turned off . sick of it turning on while driving.
Boosted I did a thread somewhere on here with pics of the repair I did which included disconnecting the switch in the big rear door. The small door switch still worked. The flickering light on dash was driving me mad. Was a 30sec job once you get the trim off.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,033 Posts
Has anyone else had a issue with the right hand side rear barn door . Mine will rattle the top locking latch and unlock it.
Is the bottom catch still staying latched while the top catch comes undone? I've heard of the top catch rattling undone but that was when the bottom catch was not done up.

If you don't already have a cracked door I wouldn't waste time looking at the repair methods but I would get that spare wheel off the door as soon as practical. Like an idiot, i waited until the start of a crack was just visible through the paint before I got a new rear bumper and wheel carrier. To help reduce the rattles I just periodically replace the insulation tape on the top door catch which muffles them for a while longer.

I should see Nizbits about a full new set of door catches with nice undamaged plastic on them. It might get rid of a few of the myriad of rattles that the old girl has.

Cheers,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts