Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here arr the sliders I made for te patrol. Made from 40nb pipe 3.5 thick with 50x50x6shs supports and 75x10 chassis mounts took about a day and a half to make, let us know what you think.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
They look good, similar to mine (built by a guy in Brisbane for previous owner).

Mine have 3mm sheet panels in the bottom for additional protection, the only problem is that the slider fills with mud and crap. There's a small gap for drainage but it blocks up easily... I reckon alloy chequerplate on the top side would be the go.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
looking good mate, well done

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
69 Posts
Look good, I'll be building something similar over easter, but will have a scrub bar on it too.

·
Registered
nissan
1,177 Posts
Great work jplynch90, what do they owe you all up after buying the steel, plus wire/gas etc ?

And i cant see bolts for those mounts, nor do they look like "U" mounts ,how does that work ?

looking good mate, well done

Yours are still, by far the best designed sliders ive seen to date chuckles (hope one day i can have some the same? :D)

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
jplynch90, how long did it take u to make those sliders, n was it hard?? bashed up my steps on the w/e, n looking to maky my own... mig weld etc... u got any specs on ur build??

ta.

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A4b they are u brackets. And no wasn't to hard but it's the fiddly bits that take time. I always underestimate how long things take so it took longer than I was hoping. All up took about a day and a half to make, that wasn't going flat out and had to work every thing out also

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
I removed a set of ARB side rails / steps (with the aluminium plate as a step) due to some damage and I'd like to know if it's feasible to modify them so they are just side rails without the step. They're still in pretty good condition but had been twisted up a bit and were pressing on the sills - previous owner was a bit rough. The sills are now repaired and I don't want to waste what I've got. I don't want side steps though - just rails. I figure if someone can use a welder (anyone better than me that is!), it should be easy enough to shorten the tubes that connect the outer rail to the brackets that attach to the chassis. Any comments? What type of place should I ask about doing it?

·
Registered
Nissan/Patrol
278 Posts
Awesome work jplynch90. Look great. Do you have any pics of the connection detail to chassis?

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Fantasatic job mate. I'm looking at making a couple myself. Any chance you could post the cutting list?
Thanks for the great photos though they'll go a long way to making a big difference

:cheers:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
170 Posts
Hi what type of pipe bender did you use?

·
Registered
Nissan
583 Posts
They look awesome good stuff mate :bigthumb:

Hey guys here arr the sliders I made for te patrol. Made from 40nb pipe 3.5 thick with 50x50x6shs supports and 75x10 chassis mounts took about a day and a half to make, let us know what you think.

·
Registered
nissan
138 Posts
Awesome work dude, they really look the goods!!! Top effort nothing beats the personal satisfaction of achieving your goals!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts