Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking if getting my roof painted as the previous owner has scratched the **** out of it with a roof rack. I would need to get it painted gutter to gutter and also the top of the inside jam of the rear doors where it looks like the door rubbers have been rubbing...anyone care to have a guess at what this will cost me....so that would be a prepare paint and top coat..I will be ditching the old rear left and right door rubbers and replacing with new as well..I already have these.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
As a guide a bonet is about 350 to 400. The roof is a big area but they seem to charge more by a guess of how many hours work for the painter.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
It depends on if the window is getting taken out, if they break one or need a new rubber, if there's rust under it or in the sills, if the roof needs to have dents repaired, if the whole roof needs priming and what colour group it is. Also if it's a metallic or pearl the rear quarter panels should be blended and cleared also.

So the price and question is very broad without having a few quotes done by professionals not on the internet. lol

Cheers Mick

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
I highly recommend gettint the windscreen removed for this.
if the screen has been replaced prior and poor methods used then there will be rust, or untreated scratches that will lead to rust behind the screen. if there is to be any paintwork in the area then now is the time to address the issue. The apperture can be treated for rust and fresh paint layed down.
depending on your insurance coverage, you may be entitled to a free windscreen replacement which would help offset the extra expense.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres no dents at all, just some scratching on and just above the gutters...could possibly be touched up with out having to do the whole roof. Its Cherry Red Pearl colour.. no need to remove any trim or windows as its just the roof and the top inside of the rear door jam. Im taking it to the panelbeaters for a quote later this week. If I can get it done for under a grand I will be happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts