Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was in another thread, thought I'd put it out on its own for others to see a few options.
I was shopping around for Sliders.

I was looking for bolt on ones, as not a fan of welding to chassis.. Others have done it without problem, just wasnt my fav option.

Heres a few I found. These prices are valid as of today.. they can be changed at anytime.. by the manufacturer etc..

Superior Engineering: Clamp on
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=4994
You know everything they make is quality and engineerd to last. And if they say they can supply they will.
$850 - nice lookin
$950 with checkerplate on top

DRC Sliders: Bolt on
$450 for GQ ones on ebay, have Messaged to see if he does GU ones.

Hessian Racing : bolt on
http://hessian-racing.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=7787406
$400

Bolsys : bolt on
http://www.bolsys.com.au/index.php?PCID=11771&PSO=255&PSID=GULWBGP&PSV=Primary&CDO=
$630

Cheezy: Weld on
Cheezy/Induro Sliders
Like Superior, Stuey wont make crap gear, so will also be strong. (see how much hell Vince has given his)
Step : $960 (has checker plate on top)
Slider: $795

4b Fab: weld on
Slider - $695 painted and fitted
$100 more for checkerplate on top.

Millweld: Weld on
http://www.millweld.com/a/Rock_Sliders
$750 + $60 fitting (They are in Mansfield now)

Smithys Outback: weld on
Greg uses the Millweld ones. Cant remember price.

Racebred-4wd: weld on From Ebay message: We can make them to fit any vehicle but we normally need the vehicle in the shop for a couple of days -No jig at moment for GU.
$550 for GQ

Powerful 4x4: weld on
http://www.powerful4x4.net.au/store/product.php?productid=17521&cat=&page=1
$800

XRox : weld on
http://www.oppositelock.com.au
$800+

Lukeys 4x4 : weld on
Dude needs the car - he has no jig to make them from.
http://www.lukeys4x4.com/
$1200 :shock:

Biders 4x4: Weld on Painted not powder coated. Quick dry enamel..
http://biders4wd.com.au/fabrication/sliders/
$750 Fitted

Big O 4x4: Weld on
All Bar work is sand blasted and powder coated in Satin Black ..
http://www.bigo4x4.com.au/default.asp?page=custom
GQ LWB Sliders $695 Other Vehicles from $715

There are more out there, I'll add them as I find them.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got some fitted by XLR8 fabrications a few weeks back - very happy with them, they are bolt on and the lead time was only a couple of weeks.

Home

Might be a good option for WA people.

No connection to seller etc, just a happy customer
Roc

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I too have Cheezy's and have had the full weight of the Pootrol on them several times and they have never moved.

The sliders themselves are not weld on- plates are welded on to the chassis, and the sliders are bolted to the plates.

What is your issue with weld on like this? Remove the sliders and you could bolt the std garbage alloy crap back on no problems.

Speak to ben at 4by Fabs about it, or ring Cammeron at Cammo offroad in Sommerville. Either can use mine as a template if you need to.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,510 Posts
Good stuff Truckster, well worth the look, x2 I'm not a fan of welding on the truck unless I absolutely have to. Will bookmark this page for ref.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richo said:
The sliders themselves are not weld on- plates are welded on to the chassis, and the sliders are bolted to the plates.
Yep, know how they work.

What is your issue with weld on like this?
if I had the option of weld or not weld, I'd rather not. just a preference thats all.

Speak to ben at 4by Fabs about it
see above Mr Magoo :p

Cammeron at Cammo offroad in Sommerville. Either can use mine as a template if you need to.
Ebay is my friend :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
Since we are being comprehensive I have a few questions.

Can All of the sliders in the list be fitted without a body lift. I read somewhere that there is not much room between the chassis and the body for the bolts for the bolt-on ones.

Also, will the sliders fit all LWB GU's. I read somewhere that there was something different about the later ones that required different mountings.

CORRECTION: from the ARB GU pricelist: models with factory rear air conditioning units prevent side rails and protection step fitment as air conditioning pipes run down the vehicle chassis.

That said, there is a new GU at my local ARB with their steps fitted. Not sure if it has rear aircon.

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts

Can All of the sliders in the list be fitted without a body lift. I read somewhere that there is not much room between the chassis and the body for the bolts for the bolt-on ones.

Also, will the sliders fit all LWB GU's. I read somewhere that there was something different about the later ones that required different mountings.

CORRECTION: from the ARB GU pricelist: models with factory rear air conditioning units prevent side rails and protection step fitment as air conditioning pipes run down the vehicle chassis.

That said, there is a new GU at my local ARB with their steps fitted. Not sure if it has rear aircon.
Some of the websites list different part numbers for Series IV and later. Others say you must specify model due to differences in the design.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
the only thing i had to relocate from the chassis was an exhaust mount

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rb25detpatrol said:
Can All of the sliders in the list be fitted without a body lift
From what I found calling around:

Most are custom made on the day to suit your rig.
The off the shelf ones, you just tell them what you want. They do without body lift - well not one site mentions requires a BL.

later models are different.

I guess this doesnt help much shopping for used ones, but by surfing the links, you'll narrow it down to suit your own gear.

·
Registered
Nissan
269 Posts
Thanks to Truckster for this thread, and other members info in the "TJM steps" thread. After doing a bit of looking around I have found a set of steps/sliders and a rear bar for the GU.

Spoke with Millweld (Millweld Customs) this morning and orders steps and rear bar. The sliders on their website weren't the style I was after (mainly for the wife to get in and out easily), but after a quick phone call, it's all sorted. They will do a step that is as strong as their slider and place a panel across the top.

How's that for service!
:cheers:

·
Registered
nissan
1,571 Posts

I'm looking for sliders for my new GU and it has factory rear air con. I was under it the other day looking at this same issue. There is space for chassis brackets to work with teh rear air con, but unsure if the mass produced places have factored it in.

Personally I think I will be doing mine myself so I can ensure nothing factory is touched or damaged etc.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
I made mine for under $500 including purchasing a pipe bender (already had a welder)

·
Registered
140 Posts
ARB Steps and rear air cond.

Swerve, I have the ARB protection steps on mine and its a ST-L (has the rear air cond.), I bought them second hand and fitted them myself, and as far as I could see there was no issues with this at all that I noticed, the mounts are nowhere near the a/c pipework. I am pretty happy with them but I did remove the ugly arb rubber pads/step treads on the top and the stainless plate and redone them with some alloy treadplate/checkerplate, looks much better now.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Cheezy Sliders $400 :)

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,678 Posts
Truckster,
How much did they hit you to repair the sills? Mine look like yours.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BeNos said:
thought you were against weld on sliders??? personally id prefer weld on to bolt on as i had to mod my floor to make my bolt ons fit the swb.
I was and still am. But several beers and seeing them on Poobay for $400, it was a deal :|:oops:

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
skegbudley said:
Truckster,
How much did they hit you to repair the sills? Mine look like yours.
went thru insurance, close to 3k :(
I regret it already due to Im now public enemy #1 at renewal time.

·
Registered
nissan
2,029 Posts

Can All of the sliders in the list be fitted without a body lift.

I know Bolsy makes them to suit with or without body lift, your choice. He also has a different model for earlier and later GU's because the front guards change slightly

1 - 20 of 31 Posts