Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just replaced the engine in my GU 3LTD, the original expired, the replacement engine won't fire. The old engine was removed as a complete unit and the replacement also a complete unit including injector pump and turbo bolted straight in. I have fuel right up to injectors, when the mechanic hooked up the diagnostic computer there is a communication error message, could there be a conflict between the newer injector pump control unit and my ECU?.

·
Registered
757 Posts
you might be right was the engine you fitted the manufactured the same year as your own?
You might have a software issue.
There will be some here smarter then me who will know a little more about how the ECU works though

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
If you want to post or pm me the vin of yours and the month & year & trans (if you know this) type of the engine you have fitted i will look and see if the ecu is the same part number

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
i cannot see a conflick in software affecting the ability of a scan tool to connect to the ecu. should just show all kinds of funny codes and data. otherwise can you swap all the lecky gear from the old engine onto the new one so there is no conflick. it should fire up.
are you getting power to the injection pump???

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Re your post on exploroz

In the workshop manual it states that if replaceing the ECM (engine control module) the NATS (engine immobilizer system) has be be initalized & the keys registered using Nissan Consult
What is the Flashing NATS light on the dash doing in each key position (off,acc,on,start)
As others have said just because the ECM is the correct one for the replacement engine it may not be compatible with the wiring harness in your vehicle

I thought for starters that the GU4 2005 onwards maf had a different wiring connector

I know bugger all about these engines though (i have a 4.2) so the info i have is from the factory workshop manual

Regards Don

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
GUIV ZD30s have a different ECU to the GUIIIs which are different again to the GUII.

The only way I can see it being resolved easily is to put your GUII injection pump onto the GUIV motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts