Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my flares on the rear passenger side of the car its starting to get abit loose. Basically i want to know if i pull it off can i fix it and stick it back on again. I think one of those crappy plastic doovers that hold them them has come loose. Its the little peice on the door it's self not actual peice on the body of the car.

Most of my flares are scratched up from the bush so i'm keen to fix them and make them last as long as possible because the price of replacements as we all know is insane.

Anyone got any tips.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had the one on the rear passenger door and rear passenger wheel arch fall off shortly after buying. They both came off very easily but that is because the clip mounts on the flares were already broken, I have read they are hard to remove without breaking.

I think the best way is to take the lining off the inside of the doors and use pliers to squeeze the clips and push them through. On the wheel arches you have to take the plastic bits inside the arch off and do the same to the back of the clips from there. I haven't actually done that just read about it.

To glue the clip mounts back on the flare I used aryldite and it worked well. I had trouble getting Mr Nissan to supply the correct clips for the door flare (they told me we could sit there and guess or...) so I paid a panel beater $30 to put it back on for me. The wheel arch flare had no broken clips so it popped straight on.

Also the rear door flare has double sided tape running down the edge of the door between the door and the flare, the panel beaters used a bead of silicon instead of double sided tape. Apparently it is to keep dirt out of the flare, lol.

·
Registered
547 Posts
your best bet is to take them all off one at a time, its rather simple then clean behind them you will be suprised how much crap will be behind them. then go and replace all of the little clips they aren't too dear if you buy them in bulk most repco, bursons, supercheap auto or autobarn will have them or be able to order them in for you

i've done mine and cleaned up inside my inner gaurds aswell it was worth it to make sure they dont get wrecked or fall off and that there is no mud where it shouldn't be to start causing rust later down the track.

just my 2 cents any way.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah cool that what i was kinda hoping i could remove them and clean then refit them again. Do you remove the door skins inside to do it or just pull them off from the outside and put new plastic clips in?

Thanks for the tips everyone. Mine are pretty scrathed already anyways im not really worried about that i just want them fixed onto the car firmly. They seem to ge getting looser as time goes by.

·
Registered
547 Posts
you should be fine to gently pull them off thats all i did and i was fine. but every car is different i had one stuborn one on the front left i had to remove a small section of the inner gaurd to get to it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice work Sibhs. Should definatly be helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts