Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
i think you want the opposite haha. since i got the new accelerator from the recall, mine is farrrked. any bump where there is a slight movement on my loud foot, it just starts jumping around. my old accelerator was fine. apparently you can get some units that might help but i havent looked into it yet.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
I use a big square of matteress foam under the pedal when I am off road in low. Just a chunk of foam, but it make such a difference in damping the accelerator bounce.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
Geordie's fix works well and is a lot cheaper than $381 (damn you can get a lot of Beer or Bundy for $381), is this something new or has it always been a problem?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
I don't think a piece of foam would help mine, the pedal only has to move a mm an it's jumping around. Really grinds my gears!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
I don't think a piece of foam would help mine, the pedal only has to move a mm an it's jumping around. Really grinds my gears!
Get it professionally looked at before you do anything to rule out a TPS fault, after what you say now that would be my recommendation.

You are aware that there was a recall of certain models? There is a sticky I put up in the main GU/GR page on it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
Get it professionally looked at before you do anything to rule out a TPS fault, after what you say now that would be my recommendation.

You are aware that there was a recall of certain models? There is a sticky I put up in the main GU/GR page on it.

Yeah I've got a service coming up an going to get nissan to do it as I have a leak at front of IP, small leak in IC, small leak on 4th injector seal so I will also mention the pedal. (I have 20,000km left of warranty so trying to iron out as mush as I can ;)!!!)

My one has already been recalled, i had a letter sent out and everything so can only assume it was part of that vin range. I have asked around a bit and there seems to be a general increase in sensitivity post pedal recall. I wish I never got it as I never had an issue with previous one!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine only started doing this after I did the pedal recall. It's like a switch - just touch the pedal and the patrol launches forward get off the pedal and your head slams forward. Really annoying!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
Mine only started doing this after I did the pedal recall. It's like a switch - just touch the pedal and the patrol launches forward get off the pedal and your head slams forward. Really annoying!!
yep, exactly the same! haha i wonder if enough of us complain they might get a fix. do u know if they are tuneable?

·
Registered
nissan
350 Posts
I think all of the recall do it. Have you tried driving with bare feet you get more feel, then with boots or shoe's.

I've find that driving 1 gear higher helps (maybe lagg) where possible helps.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
408 Posts
yeah mate barefeet, its impossible to avoid it :/

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
yep, exactly the same! haha i wonder if enough of us complain they might get a fix. do u know if they are tuneable?
It can reprogrammed. The actuator settings by consult II or by using the ignition key and a stop watch. I have never in my life been able to do it by the key method. The first signs that the actuator or pot meter on the pedal needs to be reset is the RPM. It will often jump around and not find its mark i.e 650 RPM constant. I would be interesting to know how the two valve are responding to gas pedal and shut down of the engine just after the intercooler on the intake manifold.

·
Registered
Nissan Urvan / Caravan
227 Posts
Not sure if relevant, but my wife has a Toyota Vitz. The dealer advised there were two sensitivity settings, easily adjustable. If that failed, they could reset / re-programme. She learned to live with it.

Likewise on my Nissan, speedo was over reading by 16% on OEM tyres and wheels. Dealer adjusted while on service to about 10%, so again presume there is a default setting and one other.

Perhaps the Nissan Patrol TPS has a default and one alternative setting.

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Mine also is super touchy after the new pedal. I have to jam my foot against the kick panel but then if you hit a big enough bump your off anyway. I might try the foam idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts