Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

does anyone know when nissan upgraded the shafts in the gearboxs with the 5th spline fault? or what model GU. The box is the FS5R30A

Cheers

-lewi

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
In the Patrol Referance Document (found on this forum) it states the series 1 and 2 GU's are affected. Series 3 onwards are ok.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hello,

does anyone know when nissan upgraded the shafts in the gearboxs with the 5th spline fault? or what model GU. The box is the FS5R30A

Cheers

-lewi
I think the box on a zd30 is the FS5R50B, the FS5R30A was from the 2.8 diesel and I think the 3.0 GQ petrol. I think the bad gearboxes were in the 1999-2000 range. I have a 98 TB45E series 1 which has no symptoms yet. The GQ had the same box which did not have the problem either. If you search you will find an excellent thread with pictures detailing the problem.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plate in the engine bay says it has the A.

My 5th gear went so we replaced shaft and gear. Now i got problems selecting geats that i didnt have before

Cheers
Lewi

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
The upgrade was in 2002, don't know month though, but both boxes were being sent out around at the same time. You would need to put up a Vin# to get a true indication. Mine is definitely the weaker one and it is on it's way out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts