Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
New radius fab manifold showed up this week and provides heaps of clearance to install the heater hoses on the firewall. Well worth the money spent. But maybe think of this before puttin in the engine.

·
Registered
nissan
57 Posts
Did you use GQ TD42 gearbox cross member? Or is that the reason for the new manifold? I thought if you use ZD30 gearbox crossmember it sits the motor back too far?

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did you use GQ TD42 gearbox cross member? Or is that the reason for the new manifold? I thought if you use ZD30 gearbox crossmember it sits the motor back too far?
i used the GU ZD30 cross member. i was trying to get away without purchasing a new manifold but there really is no other way of doing it without squishing the heater hose pipes in and having look terrible.

the radius fab manifold is worth the money but did blow the budget out in doing so.

if i had to put a final price together for the conversion excluding the motor it would have come in well under $2,000. with $550 being for the manifold.

·
Registered
Nissan
1 Posts
Hi mate my first post but thought I would give it a go! I just finished my conversion from zd30 to td42 and I'm having problems with converting the cooling system over from the zd30. It keeps pushing water out of the overflow!!! I hope I didn't buy a dud engine :( Wich heater hose did you hook the expansion tank to and where did you put the turbo return line as I bought my engine is a silver top

·
Registered
nissan patrol GU 2001
4 Posts
question?

HI mate, was it hard to take out the ZD30 engine ? and are you able to send me list of things you needed to buy (change) to complete the conversion. and a rough cost as I'm looking into doing the conversion.
i see your good mates with cameron.

hope to hear from you

cheers :)

·
Registered
nissan
4,801 Posts
If I could jump in here, I used the TB45 shroud simply because it was an exact fit on the TD42 radiator I bought.
I just assumed they were identical because everything lines up perfectly

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,871 Posts
Yeah I was just curious why he bought a TB45 shroud instead of a TD42 shroud. Unless he already had it ?

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
hi guys, sorry for the delayed response. i used a TB45 shroud because it fits the TD42 fan aswell as fitting the zd30 radiator.

tacho still out of order until i purchase a dakota digital module.

i have since installed a ebay top mount intercooler, with some 90 degree alloy bends and silicon bends. dropped egt's by 100 degrees.

·
Registered
nissan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
also had the aircon hooked up. the TD42 air con comp was stuffed. ended up buying a working TB42 (yes petrol 4.2) compressor that suited, and had the pipes modified. from what i understand the ZD30 ecu is showing a engine fault light on the dash and when switching the AC button on, it did not engage the AC comp. so i had to use a manual switch wired from ground to the the relay in the engine bay next to the start battery.

·
Registered
nissan
4,801 Posts
There are 2 wires on the ECU that need to be cut and joined to bypass the ECU control.
I can't remember the pins - 15 & 21 come to mind but it should be mentioned in other ZD conversion threads.
It's basically like the TB45 system, the ECU is waiting for a signal to tell it the engine is running before allowing the A/C to connect but obviously the TD42 can't supply that signal so the system needs to be bypassed.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts