Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
nissan patrol
Our next glassy day will be interesting....馃檪

Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Our next glassy day will be interesting....
That it will, especially if you can find the other threads I鈥檝e created about other suspension mods I鈥檒l be doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Alright, I know this has been talked about plenty before, and I've gone back and read all the old threads surrounding the topic, but just can't quite find the answer I'm looking for. So I'll ask the question even though some people will complain and tell me to use the search function.

Will a 4WD Systems LOKKA, the auto locker that replaces only the spider gears, from a h233B fit into a h233?

I am under the impression that it will, since from what I've read the differences are in the R&P bolt patterns and size, and how deep the diff sits in the housing, nothing about the spider centre is mentioned as being different, and on the 4WD Systems website, their listed rear locker for any year MQ/MK is supposedly for a h233B, making me think it's the same part number for both diffs (they don't list part numbers anywhere on their website, but from what I see they're likely the same).
(I should also mention mine is an LSD centre)

Reason I ask is I have in the wagon at the moment 4.11 gears with a H260 rear, but I'd like to use the 4.375 gears out of the parts ute for better overall driving on the 33's, and to do that I'll need to swap the 260 for the 233 from the ute. I'm perfectly happy to do this since it is common knowledge that the pinion shaft is the first thing that breaks on both diffs (and is the same size), so having the bigger 260 is not much use to me, especially given the taller gearing and smaller clearance. I already plan on getting a locker for the front, and if I'm going to go with the 233, I may as well get one for the rear as well. No, I can't afford a manual locker, otherwise I'd go with the available arb air locker for the 233, so the auto lockers will have to do for now.
View attachment 537963
Lokka do (did?) make a rear for the MQ/MK, so that is presumably it. The 1980 service manual called it a H233B, so most aftermarket people do to. But the question always was, is the B for banjo (actually I think the H is) or for revision B (and if rev B, where is the rev A), or something else?

About the GQ front in the MQ rear, well we never got a straight answer on that, see H233 Clarification

About the H260, not many people on the forum had one, so there wasn't much info about it, and so the question of using GQ+ H260 parts is unresolved. But that H233 vs H260 thread you made was interesting.

Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Lokka do (did?) make a rear for the MQ/MK, so that is presumably it. The 1980 service manual called it a H233B, so most aftermarket people do to. But the question always was, is the B for banjo (actually I think the H is) or for revision B (and if rev B, where is the rev A), or something else?

About the GQ front in the MQ rear, well we never got a straight answer on that, see H233 Clarification

About the H260, not many people on the forum had one, so there wasn't much info about it, and so the question of using GQ+ H260 parts is unresolved. But that H233 vs H260 thread you made was interesting.
Thanks NeRok, yeah I was curious about the difference between the 233 and 260 since I found that the axle tube size was the same, so I made that thread to compare the two, glad you found it interesting
Feel free to put any of that info on the wiki if you feel like it鈥檚 worth it.

About the Lokka, makes sense that they鈥檇 mark it as being for the B if they just didn鈥檛 think too hard about it. Dunno if you鈥檝e seen my other threads or not but I鈥檝e ended up keeping the H260, and I鈥檝e got a GU carrier and centre with the 4.375 gears I want to go into it.
I鈥檝e also finished putting the Lokka into the 4.3 front diff, and I鈥檓 midway through putting it into the car but just like last time, stuffs gone wrong and that cars going to be off the road longer than intended.
@Johan Safari ; remember how we had trouble with my front passenger u-bolt threads? Well it鈥檚 come back to bite me now and I need a new one at least. Can鈥檛 even speak to TJM until Friday to start the process of getting a new set though, so who knows how long it鈥檒l be off the road this time.

Seems like every time I take a diff out to do stuff something goes wrong and it ends up being off the road for way longer than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: neRok
21 - 24 of 24 Posts