Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my Maverick has been getting hard to get into gear of late and I am wondering if it could be the nylon bush that is in the top of the gearbox. From what I can find out it should make the gear lever sloppy but mine is reasonably tight but can be very hard to get into gear from still or when changing at slow speed. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
Nissan
95 Posts
Mine was doing that for a while thought it was gearbox problem, then my clutch slave cylinder failed on me whilst I was out in the bush. Check clutch fluid level also peel back rubber boot on slave cylinder see if it is wet behind boot. I ended up changing both master and slave. No booster on master. 89 gq.

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
i got the same problem, the stick has become very tight between gears. and i think my clutch has gotten heaps heavier. i got a 90' and it dosent have a booster, can i convert mine??? i thought it might just be from abuse.. its starting to drive me mad.....

·
Registered
nissan
33 Posts
i got the same problem, the stick has become very tight between gears. and i think my clutch has gotten heaps heavier. i got a 90' and it dosent have a booster, can i convert mine??? i thought it might just be from abuse.. its starting to drive me mad..... i was thinking of changing the oil, whats the best i can put in it?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Check the small rubber boot around the top of the gearbox, they are prone to ripping. We had GU at work which got sand in through the boot then the selector rails in the top of the box jammed up. We had to replace the rails and selector cover which wasn't cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts