Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with starting first up in the morning. It is fine for the rest of the day, but first start in the morning takes quite a few attempts.

1992 TB42e.

Only started doing this in the last 2-3weeks.

Anyone have an insight as to what it may be?

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Hard to start as in cranking or fuel supply ? Does the engine turn over fast but wont fire or does it crank slow and weak ?

·
Registered
nissan
334 Posts
Tried your electrics ie spark from leads to plugs, dizzy etc :D or fuel is getting through. Does it happen if you don't start it till later in the day when its warm?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
48 Posts
Hey ftroop had the exact same fault was a fuel pump check your fuel preassure if like mine was 30 psi enough to run fine but not quite enough on cold start when car runs richer, preassure should be around 45 psi ish hope this helps i havnt had a prob since and me truck goes like a train with a new fuel pump also had 2 mates with tb42e patrols with same fault

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
am i best to buy a new fuel pump or recon the old? would it be an electric pump in a tb42e? if i am to buy a new one...what brand is most reliable from your experience?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
48 Posts
Ya prob find wont be repairable but may have blocked pick up in tank or blocked in line filter you need to remove it and have a look at it have ya checked ya line pressure and filter as yet? i would check that before assuming it is fuel related. I paid 140 ish for a pump at bursons (trade price) dont know about genuine nissan pump would assume alot more than 140

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
get the pump from bursons, nissan want around $800 for it, bursons had 2 differnt pumps listed for the tb42e so take yours in when you buy a newie,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts