Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the truck on the hoist to fit my new lowered King springs and I had to abort the swap as I noticed the drivers side rear has sprung a leak. I had the thing on the hoist only 3 weeks ago measuring up for the new springs and this leak wasn't there then, so this is definitely new. I didn't wanna change springs and give the dealer any grounds to reject warranty. 38000km on the clock now and the truck is stock except for the exhaust.

Kinda dissapointing for a truck that has literally never been off road in the 10 months that I have owned it. It's never even been on dirt. Ever. I was 8 months old with 9600km on it when I bought it. I suppose it could have been taken around Australia by the previous owner, but I went over it with a fine tooth comb before buying it and there wasn't a single mark on any bash plate, or the frame, or the side steps. It had dual andersons on the tow bar, and a brake controller, so I figured the previous owner bought it to drag a decent sized van. It definitely hasn't been rock hopping, I can tell you that much.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New springs!

Attachments

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Hope you get it sorted soon Sheikshifter. Let us know how you go.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
That sucks. Lucky its still under warranty??.

How much lower will it sit on those springs? gonna fit your 22's ok??

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still under warranty.

The 22s are only 0.2" diameter bigger than the stock wheel.

·
Registered
nissan
78 Posts
Mate I hope you get it sorted before too much of the hydraulic fluid leaks out. I don't know if any of the dealers over here in Oz have ever touched the HBMC system in one of these. Be interested to see if the leak / leak fix affects the lean we all have - or how it sits after you fit the springs.

PS - maybe you need to start slowing down for speed bumps, and / or driving around roundabouts rather than over!

·
Registered
nissan
7 Posts
I have the manual for the y62 and it explains how to check and fix the hbmc.

Send me your email to send it to u and those who are interested. Good luck

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, i got the manual, that's not the issue. Having a gauge with the right fitting and a pump to pressurise the system is the problem.

The fitting isn't a dry break type fitting either.....

·
Registered
nissan
316 Posts
Hi Sheikshifter,
Did you have any joy with your dealer in regards to the gauge or did they just replace the shock and wipe their hands on the other issue. ?

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Sheikshifter,
Did you have any joy with your dealer in regards to the gauge or did they just replace the shock and wipe their hands on the other issue. ?
I degreased the shock and I have been keeping a eye on it, no fluid has leaked since. Which is hard to explain.

It is going back in for the power window in a few weeks. I will get them to check system pressure then.

Reactions: Converted
1 - 12 of 12 Posts