Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today at Coles Noosa that many items were out (no tomatoes for instance) We are supplied from Brisbane and the Bruce Highway is closed at Caboolture and Caloundra. Also David Low Way is closed. Might be time to get what you can just in case. I'll be looking for a weeks supply tomorrow (yeah...that includes smokes and booze.)

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
uhh smokes hell yeah! then p1ss then food. in that order

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
and i bet the prices of smokes and booze is about to sky rocket as the trucks cant get through

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
you'd throw in a couple pouches of champion ruby and tallys just for good measure

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What we are having here is a disaster. I suggest be prepared.
What if the petrol tankers can't get through?

Fill up your tanks, get a new gas bottle...you know the rest.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Frankly I would be putting all efforts towards getting the phuk out of there, camping out in the middle of NSW for a few weeks sure beats the hell out of a wall of water with 0.5 seconds notice, possibly again.

Its going to peak tomorrow? Then the water will linger around for 2 weeks? Bugger that, pack the patrol and high-tail it.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
oh and diesel, lots and lots of diesel.

bris will peak on thursday

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What? Only one bottle? In half an hour we'd be looking at each other and wondering where the rest of the piss was. A carton, now that's a little more realistic.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Palmwoods IGA was chockers today, we stocked up, and filled up with diesel too (took a couple of jerrycans along and filled them too). Both my 9kg gas bottles are full and we have our camp lights out just in case. The Waeco 60 litre fridge is on 240v and ready to chuck in the back of the bus if required.

Shell Nambour said they have plenty of fuel & diesel and aren't worried about running out before the weekend. I don't think the supermarkets will hold out that long, thought.

Got plenty of beer, which is good as I'm working from home all week ;)

I do like Bigbears suggestion though - head for inland NSW and chill out for a week...

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Thanks Rick, we're good thanks - Palmwoods has 4/5 roads in and all are flooding then clearing, but so far we have had no problems getting through, we have provisions etc. just in case, & I'm working from home all week - didn't want to take a chance on getting stuck 100km from the family. Our house is close to a creek that's doing Amazon impressions but is highly unlikely to get near our place, if it does we'll just drive up the hill, and we have friends up there we could go to in that case.

Too bad your holidays are rained out mate, but could be worse eh! When do you go back to work?

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts
Thanks Rick, we're good thanks - Palmwoods has 4/5 roads in and all are flooding then clearing, but so far we have had no problems getting through, we have provisions etc. just in case, & I'm working from home all week - didn't want to take a chance on getting stuck 100km from the family. Our house is close to a creek that's doing Amazon impressions but is highly unlikely to get near our place, if it does we'll just drive up the hill, and we have friends up there we could go to in that case.

Too bad your holidays are rained out mate, but could be worse eh! When do you go back to work?
Head back on Tuesday next week. That's if the cyclone brewing over there lets me.

Yeah had 5 weeks off and 1 week of that it wasn't raining. Luckily that 1 week we were on Moreton and we had a fat time. Oh well back to work for 4 weeks then off to Darwin for a barra trip for a week. Woo Hoo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts