Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan GQ
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey got a new headunit for the patrol last week a kenwood but have no cue were to put the yellow wire its for the keg thing i thing but how do u put it on it try to put it to a battery but went flat so need help

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
ive done a fair few cars and to be honest i always use a test light, once you have positive and negative sorted out then connect the speakers one at a time to see which speaker is which and play with the balance to make sure its connected right, shouldnt take longer than 15 minutes to connect

·
Registered
nissan
100 Posts
Just a tip. I use a AA or AAA or whatever battery really. If you are trying to identify speaker wires. Just put neg and pos of speaker wire on neg and pos of battery and the speaker will make a noise. Really handy when you have no idea which wires go to what speaker.

Other than that. Test light / multi meter. Find a constant 12 that should be yellow on most HU. Then a 12v that's only there with the ignition. That should be red. Generally the 3 largest wires will be power Acc and earth in most cars.

I always run my own 12v fused from the battery. ( going to yellow on HU). Just personal preference.

·
Registered
nissan
628 Posts
1992-93 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Stereo Wiring
Constant 12V+ Red/Green
Switched 12V+ Green/White
Ground Chassis
Illumination Pink/Green
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Doors
Left Front (+) Brown/White
Left Front (-) Brown/Blue
Right Front (+) Black/White
Right Front (-) Black/Red
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Corners
Left Rear (+) Red
Left Rear (-) Green
Right Rear (+) Blue
Right Rear (-) Pink

these might be the colours. test with multimeter first.

·
Learned the hard way - RD28t out TD42 in
4,415 Posts
You must ensure that the speakers are correctly phased (+ve to +ve, -ve to -ve) on a stereo / multi speaker set-up otherwise it'll sound crap. So my advice is to meter it out. You'll be replacing the speakers anyhow - won't you ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts