Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im having an issue when im up in the rev range i have a horrible noise, almost like a gear is slipping or the clutch is running out, I dont know. Luckily i dont do much work past 3000 rpm but how long before it becomes 2800, 2600, so on?

Any opinions welcomed
馃啋

Registered
Can you describe the noise in more detail? How loud is it? Where's it coming from? Etc... Very difficult for people to contribute without more info.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I can hear from the cab is like a high speed scraping metal sound from the general area of the engine/ transmisson. Its louder than general engine noise but not by much.
Also i can get an everr so slight feel in th gas pedal, like a vibrational clackity click type feel.
Happens with clutch out and when out of gear too.

Registered
What I can hear from the cab is like a high speed scraping metal sound from the general area of the engine/ transmisson. Its louder than general engine noise but not by much.
Also i can get an everr so slight feel in th gas pedal, like a vibrational clackity click type feel.
Happens with clutch out and when out of gear too.
What about with the clutch pushed in? Does it disappear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same noise with clutch in and out, ill try do a video this afternoon

Registered
Same noise with clutch in and out, ill try do a video this afternoon
Well it鈥檚 probably not the clutch or gearbox then. Has the clutch been worked on recently? Thinking perhaps a flywheel bolt worked loose? Or something inside the bell housing rubbing on the flywheel? Otherwise, engine. Bad bottom end bearing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Leaking exhaust manifold, the gasket could be starting to break down. 馃

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No work to clutch since 2018 and all new exhaust flange gaskets and from the head. Video coming soon

Registered
nissan
Check your engine mounts

Reactions: werley

Registered
nissan
sounds perfect to me?

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE: harmonic balancer has come off. Sems like a keyway was warn on the crank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts